What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
M+K Collective respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it.
Information that you volunteer
• PURCHASE INFORMATION. When you make a purchase, you voluntarily provide us your name, address, email address, and credit card information. We collect this information via PayPal and / or Stripe. We will process this information to keep you updated on the status of your order, including shipping confirmations. (GDPR Basis: Contract)
• EMAIL NEWSLETTER. When you sign up for our email list or submit a request for one of our free resources, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address. We collect this information via ConvertKit and LeadPages. We will process this information to send you weekly business building tips and updates on new products and courses. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
• CONTACT US. When you submit information on our contact form, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, and reason for contacting us. We collect this information via LeadPages and ConvertKit. We will process this information for the reason you submitted the form. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
Information that’s automatically collected
This site collects the following information automatically:
• Website activity (pages you browse, resources you request, products you purchase, your location and the device(s) you use). As you navigate around our website, we may automatically collect the actions you take. We collect this information via Facebook and Pinterest pixels. We will process this information to give you a better experience across all of our platforms (i.e., our website, facebook, instagram and Pinterest) and to improve our platforms. (GDPR Basis: Legitimate Interest)
• EMAIL NEWSLETTER USAGE INFORMATION. If you sign up for our email list, we may collect information on which emails you open and which links you click. We collect this information via ConverKit and LeadPages. We will process this information to deliver the best and most relevant content to your inbox. (GDPR Basis: Consent)
How we protect your information
We do our best to protect your sensitive personal information. We protect it by having an SSL certificate installed on this website and by only securely processing credit card transactions via PayPal and Stripe.
Why we collect it, how we share it, and how long we keep it
We use the information we collect to:
(1) Make sure you get the resources your request (like our free pricing roadmap) and get access to any courses you purchase (like the Launch Your Shop Kit.)
(2) Better serve you by creating content and products you love to make launching a profitable product-based business easier, less overwhelming and more profitable
(3) Personalize the ads you see from us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest to make sure they are relevant to you and your business goals
The information collected is only shared with our trusted third party partners when necessary to serve you. We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary. We do not and will not sell your data to third party providers.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation permits users of our Website
that are European Union residents certain rights. Your rights include:
• the right to access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to object to processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
• the right to withdraw consent.
To access a copy of your data, correct it, restrict how its used, or erase it
please contact us or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your data, you can opt-out by contacting us or emailing us directly at email@example.com.
We may update this policy from time to time by updating the version on this page. You should check this page occasionally to identify any updates. The last update to this policy was 6/4/2020.
This website is owned and operated by: M+K Collective
Our mailing address is: 204 37th Ave N, #250, St. Petersburg, FL 33704
Our data protection officer’s name and contact information is: Michelle Palacios (firstname.lastname@example.org)